[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Rodgers <david dot rodgers at kdsi dot net>
 To:  Dan O'Brien <score underscore it at hotmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] 2 and 3 ethernet motherboards
 Date:  Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:52:59 -0500
what I am looking for are CHEAP motherboards that will work. I have some
friends that want to set this up and telling them to spend +-$150-$200
is kind of hard

For a customer it's easy to justify because they are getting a device
more capable than a sonic wall for half price but for a guy that doesn't
have a lot of spare cash and just wants to build something for their
house to replace a crap dlink box that doesn't suck a lot of power you
can't beat a $30 motherboard and a $10 cf adapter with an 8 meg CF card.
(I have about 30x266-433 celeron cpus and a bunch of 128mb sdram just
sitting in a cardboard box)

Someone did point me to a dual abit board (thanks btw) in the $28 range
with a pci slot to add another but if I could only find a 3 nic board I
would be in heaven.

David