[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Kevin Tollison" <kevin at triadsurveyors dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  VoIP Vonage Setup Help
 Date:  Thu, 1 Jul 2004 22:34:11 -0400
I just received my Vonage startup kit today and am having some problems
(m0n0wall related).  Hopefully someone can shed some light on it.

If I plug the voice terminal directly in to my cable modem it works fine,
behind my m0n0wall it will not initialize.

This is my basic setup and the instructions I followed.

after it did not work I searched the mailing list and found this

my config matched exactly what is shown here,  but I double checked and
rebooted everything again. no luck

my setup is as follows

  ----> motorola vt1005v(WAN port)
internet---> cable modem ---> m0n0wall(DHCP)--> switch/wireless access point
  ----> other computers/servers

I have tried:  using the WAN port and LAN port on the VT (WAN should be
               setting a static IP and DHCP on the VT (used a static map on
               shutting down and restarting everything in sequence as
outlined in Vonage KB article

Right now I have the switch plugged into the WAN side of the VT and the VT
is set to receive an IP via DHCP, a static DHCP address set in m0n0 based on
the MAC, and NAT and firewall rules match the config I found in the mail