[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] 5 Static IPs 5 web servers
 Date:  Sat, 3 Jul 2004 01:14:10 -0400
Roy,
Personally, I would use Server NAT, enter your 5 external ip's with
descriptions of Server1, Server2, etc. Now to map those to your internal web
servers, use the Inbound NAT page to assign each ip to the web server port
80 on each machine. When creating the Inbound NAT rules, use the drop menu
to choose the first ip you want, Protocol is TCP, External Port Range will
both be http in the drop menus, the NAT IP could either be the internal IP
of Server1 or you could use the Aliases page to first give each server a
name. Using Aliases is easier so when you edit things you can do it via name
vs. sorting all the ip's. The next box is Local Port which would also be 80
and then give the rule a Description. Absolutely do not forget to use the
checkbox at the bottom that will auto-add a rule to allow that traffic into
your server. You will likely need to use the Proxy Arp page as well, either
enter your subnet or make 5 ARP rules, one for each External IP. Once all
that is done, you should be able to browse your web servers by IP from the
outside. Browsing external services from the LAN will not work. To see your
sites from within your LAN, use the DNS Forwarder page and create mappings
for your domain names to Internal IP addresses. You would use the same
procedures if you need mail, ftp, ssh, etc., just create Inbound NAT rules
for each service needed.

Dave