[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <peter at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0-ovpn ver 0.1
 Date:  Sat, 3 Jul 2004 11:18:50 +0100
All

As promised recently, I have now completed the first pass on a system called
m0n0-ovpn.  This is a mechanism for using the popular OpenVPN server in
m0n0wall.

This system is implemented as a module.

You can find out about the system and download the code from:
http://www.closeconsultants.com/~peter/m0n0-openvpn.html

The tarball includes everything you need to modify a standard 1.1 m0n0 image
to include the module, this could be done on a none-freebsd machine if
needed.

The system currently supports and is tested with tun-style tunnels.  There is
a brief tutorial on the site that explains how to setup a typical 'road
warrior' scenario.  The system actually has tap-style tunnels as well but
this is untested, and so may blow up :-).  Once I have tested it some more I
will supply some further 'how-to-use' tutorials based on tap-style tunnels.

Please be gentle - this is a very early cut at this task and there are many
more features to implement and test.  Please supply your feedback either
directly or via the list.

Cheers

Peter Curran

believed to be clean.