[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <peter at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  Matchstick <matchstick at oofg dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0-ovpn ver 0.1
 Date:  Sat, 3 Jul 2004 14:40:53 +0100
I have deliberately not done this for several reasons:

1.  I don't really have the time to track and update a modified release every
time a new m0n0 version comes out.

2.  It will be very confusing if different versions of m0n0 start circulating
in this way.

3.  As a hardened security person I would not want to trust a patched binary
distribution in this way.  One of the things that has been done in 1.1 is to
include a digital signature on the firmware so that we know we are getting
the genuine item.  I could not include a signature on any version I produced,
as I do not have the signing keys.

However, if you let me know which version you need I will be happy to do a
version as a one-off.

Cheers

Peter

On Saturday 03 July 2004 11:56, Matchstick wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your hard work on this, however is it possible to be
> extremely cheeky and ask if anyone could create some prepatched images
> for those of us stuck without a FreeBSD (or even *nix) machine on
> which to do the compilation :(
>

> Thanks again
>
> --
>  Matchstick