[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <hilton at quarkit dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0-ovpn ver 0.1
 Date:  Sun, 4 Jul 2004 06:10:09 +1000
Hi Peter,

Shouldn't a module just be able to be uploaded to a running m0n0wall
system in a similar way to a new firmware?  Making a module that needs
to have the original image edited and the "module" code included is more
like hacking the base than adding a module to me.

> The system currently supports and is tested with tun-style
> tunnels.  There is a brief tutorial on the site that explains
> how to setup a typical 'road warrior' scenario.  The system
> actually has tap-style tunnels as well but this is untested,
> and so may blow up :-).  Once I have tested it some more I
> will supply some further 'how-to-use' tutorials based on
> tap-style tunnels.
>
> Please be gentle - this is a very early cut at this task and
> there are many more features to implement and test.  Please
> supply your feedback either directly or via the list.

I'm off for a week of babysitting my sister's kids (school holidays) so
I'll be pretty much unable to test anything.  And as I have a net4501
and no other FreeBSD system, it looks like your module cannot be
uploaded to the net4501 to test anyway - I don't want to hack a working
m0n0wall base to add a module.

Good luck - I hope this works out for you and those looking at OpenVPN.

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                          Phone: +61 (0)7 3343 3889