[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  "Soft Routers" <softrouters at 163 dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to setup in WEBGUI
 Date:  Mon, 5 Jul 2004 00:06:48 -0400 (EDT)
> I also have several other computers , the ip are 192.168.0.2 ,
> 192.168.0.5,
> 192.168.0.6. What should I do to make these internal computers access
> internet with m0nowall?

You did not mention what you are running on those computers.
I will therefore assume you are running the only
*thing* that most people assume doesn't need to be mentioned,
i.e., something from Microsoft.

fortunately for you, m0n0wall won't discriminate.
If the computer is set up with a Static IP, i.e., Manually,
there is a place, close to that configuration, to specify
DNS and Gateway information.  Your m0n0wall is the gateway,
fill in its LAN IP address.  You'll need to look elsewhere
for more details on telling Windows about DNS, etc.

If you use DHCP, and if you enable DHCP on the LAN interface,
this stuff ought to be taken care of automagically.