[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  feature worth considering: second user with configurable rights?
 Date:  Mon, 5 Jul 2004 17:40:05 +0200
Hi m0n0s,

hardwareproducts which get kicked by m0n0walls ;-)

However, it would be nice to have a user which has not the power of fiddling around with sticky
fingers on every option m0n0wall provides.
For example I would like to give a User the right to wakeonlan a machine or view the traffic graph
without granting him access to serious systemparameters.
Or I would like to give another user the ability to configure only the PPTP-Users.

Maybe this could be done by inventing a User-menu which could be configured:

Beware ASCII-Design of PHP-Page coming ;-)

m0n0wall-Useradministration:

User			Item                          	     	    Rights
                                                                      		view	edit
Admin			System
                                             General Setup       	O	X
                                             Static routes          	O	X
			Interfaces (assign)		O          X
Monitor			System
                                             General Setup       	O	O
                                             Static routes          	O	O
			Interfaces (assign)		O          O
			Status
			         Traffic graph		X	O
                                             Interfaces			X	O
PPTP-Admin		System
                                             General Setup       	O	O
                                             Static routes          	O	O
			Interfaces (assign)		O          O
			VPN
			         PPTP			O	X
                                             Interfaces			O	O

And so on. I know, that you can drive this into depth until you get mad (A user only might wakeonlan

Greets to all the m0n0s outside,
Holger Bauer

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit