[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  david me <david19702004 at yahoo dot com>
 To:  Vincent FLEURANCEAU <vincent at bikost dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] I'm newbie. Read all docs but cannot find the way out...
 Date:  Mon, 5 Jul 2004 18:36:18 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Vincent!
Thank you a lot.

All my PC have 192.168.0.1 as default gateway (because
the smoothwall was also 192.68.0.1 before. Of course,
I off the smoothwall before to ON the m0n0 to avoid IP
conflict).

All PCS have my ISP DNS and same it has the M0N0

Now I tried to use my fixed IP (static).
I borrowed a Router from a friend and installed as
bridge in the m0n0 box.
I changed from PPPoE to STATIC and fixed my IP and
GATEWAY (given by my ISP) and it's working perfect!
Connection is up till yesterday and all PCs can surf,
etc.

But the problem is that I don't have a router with me
(only 3 modem Zyxel 645M and 1 Dlink 300) so I cannot
use them in Static. I have to choices:
a) buy a router and setup it as bridge! (but due I
have 3 m0n0 to setup, I don't want to buy...3 router,
especially after I already have 4 modem ADSL)
-or-
b) solve the problem with PPPoE, that It disconnect
after 3 seconds.

I really love m0n0 and all my servers and FreeBSD
only.
I don't want to move back to smoothwall...

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo