[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Eglington" <aeglington at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  recommended wireless?
 Date:  Tue, 06 Jul 2004 17:24:47 +1000
I need to get rid of a length of unsightly network cable (strung along the
roof) running from a router to my m0n0 box, and was thinking of using
something wireless.
(Mainly because, I'm guessing, professional installation of 15m of twisted
pair and a couple of wall sockets will probably cost me about $200....
right?)

Therefore I have been looking through the various available wireless
router/NIC available in .au
and then following links to reviews of these products.

After reading various reviews on [name removed] I came to the following
conclusions:
a) that their editors ratings are not based on the actual products
performance.
b) that 90% of the people who buy these products and then review them on the
site, are generally stupid, and largely illiterate.
c) I don't think i can believe anything I see on that site, and now doubt
any review's authenticity.

So now I ask those who actually use such devices for their learned opinions
(thats you people BTW)...
What is a good wireless solution? Primarily just to replace a 15-20m length
of CAT5.
..or should I just get a cable and wall sockets installed?

Find love today with ninemsn personals. Click here:
http://ninemsn.match.com?referrer=hotmailtagline