[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robert Staph" <rstaph at digitalimpreza dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] recommended wireless?
 Date:  Tue, 6 Jul 2004 09:38:22 -0400
Thats interesting information.  I never really bothered to look carefully at
powerline ethernet equipment, no interest I guess.

I also wonder if one of those filters that X10 sells (to keep peoples X10
powerline signals from turning your stuff on and off) would work to at least
limit but hopefully block the powerline ethernet signals?  I know X10 works
in an entirely different way, but maybe....

If the powerline ethernet is just like powerline broadband in the way it
functions (RF injection I believe), then there is a chance one the available
types of filters that the power company is supposed to provide if their
broadband signal causes harmful interference might work too.

-Rob