[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <peter at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  "Robert Staph" <rstaph at digitalimpreza dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] recommended wireless?
 Date:  Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:25:12 +0100
I must say that I found the RCD in-line breakers in our fuse box to be a
pretty effective barrier :-)

But, of course, the domestic power distribution in the UK is not the same as
in many other countries so that would have an effect.

I think encyrption is intriguing as a solution to the confidentiality issues,
but as they are using DES on the Netgear stuff I assume that you have to
pre-configure all the devices with a shared key.  As this tends to be derived
from a passord it could be relatively easy to attack.

Peter

believed to be clean.