[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jean-Francois Theroux <jftheroux at privalodc dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  custom m0n0wall hacking
 Date:  Tue, 06 Jul 2004 11:25:00 -0400
Hi,

	I know some of you actually do that. I'm on my first experience with
this and I encountered a problem. I will list the steps I've taken to
get where I am, and then tell you what my problem is.

1. I installed freebsd 5.1 on a box for development/hacking.
2. Got the rootfs tarball. Made changes to it, repackaged it with gzip
to make a new mfsroot.gz
3. Mounted the cdrom-1.0.iso file, copy its content to a directory.
4. Copy my new mfsroot.gz to that directory.
5. Rebuilt an ISO with "mkisofs -R -G /boot/cdboot -o custommono.iso
/path/to/devel/dir"

	So far, this all went well, it created an .iso, but when i attempt to
boot with that image, it just won't boot.

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong? Or how to fix this?

Thanks,

--
Jean-Francois Theroux
Systems administrator