I know some of you actually do that. I'm on my first experience with
this and I encountered a problem. I will list the steps I've taken to
get where I am, and then tell you what my problem is.
1. I installed freebsd 5.1 on a box for development/hacking.
2. Got the rootfs tarball. Made changes to it, repackaged it with gzip
to make a new mfsroot.gz
3. Mounted the cdrom-1.0.iso file, copy its content to a directory.
4. Copy my new mfsroot.gz to that directory.
5. Rebuilt an ISO with "mkisofs -R -G /boot/cdboot -o custommono.iso
So far, this all went well, it created an .iso, but when i attempt to
boot with that image, it just won't boot.
Any idea of what I'm doing wrong? Or how to fix this?