[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <peter at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ssh console?
 Date:  Sun, 4 Jul 2004 11:50:38 +0100
On Sunday 04 July 2004 00:52, Fred Wright wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, zealot wrote:
> > I'm curious, do you guys run m0n0wall on compact flash or hard drive? If
> > compact flash, how large is the CF card?
>
> I happen to be using 128MB cards, but m0n0wall currently only uses
> 5MB.  It could expand considerably and still fit in 16MB cards recycled
> from digital cameras. :-)

Surely it is not the size of the CF that is at issue (I use 32MB ones, but
they are increasingly hard to find so having started using 64MB ones).

The big issue is the size of mfsroot when it has been gunzipped into memory.
I really don't want to sacrifice more than 16MB of memory to the m0n0 runtime
on my 64MB 4501.  I actually have a 32MB 4511 and this is going to struggle
to swallow a much bigger firmware image than the current.

Peter

believed to be clean.