[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brent Lhuillier" <brentl at accesscrna dot com>
 To:  <daniele dot guazzoni at gcomm dot ch>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] VPN with dynamic IP
 Date:  Tue, 6 Jul 2004 23:30:30 -0400
Yes, I have.  However, if your IP lease is extremely short you will find
yourself reconfiguring the host ip of the tunnel calling the dynamic end
of the tunnel a LOT.  I have this same setup however it appears as if my
ISP doesn't change my ip very often.  I have asked about using a FQDN
instead of IP to allow for DynDNS services.  This seems to be a little
more complex than it appears on the surface (raccoon becoming dependent
on DNS, restarting the tunnel when ip changed ect).  BTW if you are
trying to connect 2 windows networks you will be beating your head into
the proverbial post (I did) as the VPN implemented in m0n0wall doesn't
support netbios traffic.

Brent Lhuillier