[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 To:  <brentl at accesscrna dot com>, <daniele dot guazzoni at gcomm dot ch>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] VPN with dynamic IP
 Date:  Tue, 6 Jul 2004 23:47:15 -0400
I currently can turn on any of 3 tunnels to clients offices, all windows
networks, so Brent is not entirely correct. Netbios browsing in Network
Neighborhood is not easily there but //ip_addr/sharename works absolutely
fine for mapping network drives and connecting to terminal servers or
PCAnywhere in different internal subnet zones. I can connect to 192.168.0.10
or 192.168.200.3 or others by enabling the correct tunnel in my ipsec page.
I go the extra step of only enabling a tunnel when I need it, it would be
easier to have better control over up/down of tunnels but that has been
brought up before. I've found connecting mono to each other is extremely
easy, most of my clients have static ip's but here at my home office, I have
a cable modem that only renews every six months or so. I turn tunnels on and
off more than I have to reconfigure them.

Dave