[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bryan Kohlstedt <bkrosco at earthlink dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPTP VPN Setup Troubles - Nothing "Picks Up"
 Date:  Tue, 6 Jul 2004 21:21:52 -0700 (PDT)
I'm trying to setup a pptp vpn between my soekris 4801 running m0n0wall 1.1b15 and my laptop running
xp pro sp1. I've followed the instructions in the documentation from the m0n0 website, and when
trying to connect I just get a error message saying computer did not respond. I've double and triple
checked that I'm connecting to the proper ip address (yes my wan ip.) I'm using a separate dial-up
connection to try to connect from to eliminate the possibility of connecting through another
firewall as the problem. I've got "enable pptp server" checked. What am I missing here?

It's not firewall rules or anything as I'm not even able to authenticate to the pptp server to start
the process.

Any troubleshooting tips?

Thank you,
Bryan Kohlstedt