[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thomas Hertz" <term at cynisk dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  racoon keepalive
 Date:  Wed, 7 Jul 2004 11:06:40 +0200
I've been struggling with SA:s dying when the link is idling for a few
hours, and just noticed that racoon has had support for the "keepalive;"
keyword in racoon.conf for quite some time, although obviously undocumented.
I just added the keepalive; statement to racoon running on my freebsd
servers and it actually worked as expected. This feature is lacking in my
WinXP boxes though, so I'd be more than happy for a little checkbox in the
tunnel configuration that added "keepalive;" to racoon.conf. Or is there a
reason to why this isn't already there?

Cheers,

Thomas Hertz