[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Vaughan <tim at timvaughan dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Booting m0n0wall from floppy
 Date:  Wed, 07 Jul 2004 15:59:45 +0100
I'm investigating mooving off Smoothwall onto m0n0wall and would do so
immediately if I could get round one particular obstacle: having to boot
off a CD.  My Smoothwall machine is not able to boot directly off a CD
because the bios is so old.  I'm aware of Smart Boot Manager, having
trawled through the list archives, but would like to know if there is a
way of creating a boot floppy for m0n0wall which also allows for storing
the config file on it.  This would permit an unattended boot/reboot etc,
without which it's a bit inconvenient.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim