[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Cook <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  'Tim Vaughan' <tim at timvaughan dot co dot uk>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Booting m0n0wall from floppy
 Date:  Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:24:06 +0100
Tim,

Unfortunately there is no boot disk option. The floppy used with the
bootable CD-ROM image only holds the configuration xml file.

Have you considered the standard PC (CF/IDE version) image
(http://m0n0.ch/wall/installation_generic.php)? This doesn't require either
a BIOS that supports bootable CD-ROMs or a floppy disk which is always
potential source of failure.

My recommendation would be to go down the Compact Flash Card route. No
moving parts and no noise. Have a look at http://www.cfide.co.uk/ for
details of a suitable IDE adapter.

JET PRESS LIMITED
Nunn Close
Huthwaite
Nottinghamshire
NG17 2HW
UK

Web:	www.jetpress.com
Tel:	+44-1623-551 800
Fax: 	+44-1623-551 175

Confidentiality Notice
This message and its contents are confidential.  The contents are solely for the attention of the
recipient(s) named above and any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution is forbidden.  If
you are not the recipient named above, please contact the sender immediately and destroy this
message.  The views expressed in this message are those of the sender and not necessarily those of
JET PRESS LIMITED.