[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Marten" <wleiden at xs4all dot nl>
 To:  "Ryan Giobbi" <rgiobbi at zoominternet dot net>
 Cc:  "'Mikael Bohlin'" <mikael dot bohlin at se dot flextronics dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Odd kind of setup?
 Date:  Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:01:33 +0200 (CEST)
hi all,
>> On this network I connect the Monowall LAN interface, enables DHCP and DNS
>>forwarding. I will also use the Captive portal function, forcing them to
>> log
>> on first.

> Put m0n0wall's IP in Internet Explorer's restricted sites zone. It is
> under
> internet options --> security.

on the clients? not very safe.....:)

I use monowall between WAN LAN and DMZ (wireless community network of
Leiden, Holland)

http access to monowall is not avialable on the  (only on the LAN)

Additional I use the pptp server to login from the wireless network
With firewalling it on possible to block unwished traffic.
I did not test the captive portal because 'll serve only known users. :)

cheers,
Marten