[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mikael Bohlin <Mikael dot Bohlin at se dot flextronics dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Odd kind of setup?
 Date:  Thu, 8 Jul 2004 12:05:45 +0100
So you have three NIC's?
And not using the LAN interface?

Thanks!

//
Mikael Bohlin

-----Original Message-----
From: Marten [mailto:wleiden at xs4all dot nl]
Sent: den 8 juli 2004 13:02
To: Ryan Giobbi
Cc: 'Mikael Bohlin'; m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

hi all,
>> On this network I connect the Monowall LAN interface, enables DHCP
>>and DNS forwarding. I will also use the Captive portal function,
>>forcing them to  log  on first.

> Put m0n0wall's IP in Internet Explorer's restricted sites zone. It is
> under internet options --> security.

on the clients? not very safe.....:)

I use monowall between WAN LAN and DMZ (wireless community network of
Leiden, Holland)

http access to monowall is not avialable on the  (only on the LAN)

Additional I use the pptp server to login from the wireless network With
firewalling it on possible to block unwished traffic.
I did not test the captive portal because 'll serve only known users. :)

cheers,
Marten