[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ryan Giobbi <rgiobbi at zoominternet dot net>
 To:  Marten <wleiden at xs4all dot nl>
 Cc:  'Mikael Bohlin' <mikael dot bohlin at se dot flextronics dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Odd kind of setup?
 Date:  Thu, 08 Jul 2004 07:49:42 -0400
Well, if you wanted to take my idea further, you could modify the hosts
file to redirect m0n0wall's IP to www.msn.com (how annoying would that
be!) or some other similar site.

For those unfamiliar, here is a link on modifying host files:
http://help.hardhathosting.com/question.php/11

I can think of a few weaknesses - by popping in a linux live CD, a
person could mount the hard drive (linux can read, but not write NTFS),
read the hosts file, then get to the router. But, even if they do this,
they would still need to break the password....