[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Cook <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  'Tim Vaughan' <tim at timvaughan dot co dot uk>
 Cc:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Booting m0n0wall from floppy
 Date:  Thu, 8 Jul 2004 16:18:11 +0100
Tim,

Have a look at http://m0n0.ch/wall/physdiskwrite.php.

Manuel has written a Windows console application to write the m0n0wall image
to a hard disk or Compact Flash card. Assuming you have access to MS Windows
box, there is no need for messing about with dd.

The application works really well. I have a 3.5" Internal USB connected
multi-format memory card reader which I use with physdiskwrite to write
images to CF cards for m0n0wall. Now the beta includes USB disk support,
with the right PC BIOS support, I suppose there is nothing stopping anybody
writing the image to a USB Pen Drive and booting m0n0wall from that.