[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David HM Spector <spector at zeitgeist dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Kernel config for 4801
 Date:  Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:02:54 -0400
Hello,

I'm trying to build a kernel and cf image in order to run m0n0wall on a
Soekris-4801... I'm using the M0N0WALL_NET45XX_IPSEC
config file as a base (building code itself on another FreeBSD 5.1
system) but am getting the following error:

config: M0N0WALL_NET45XX_IPSEC:45: devices with zero units are not
likely to be correct

I changed the CPU type to 586 and removed the CPU_ELAN option as per a
note previously on the list.

I'm ashamed to admit it been a long time since I've configured *BSD
kernels... am I seeing a problem with this config file in general, or
an issue of this config file versus FreeBSD5.1 given that the current
system is 4.8 based...?

regards,
  David
David HM Spector	 	                            spector (at
)zeitgeist.com
architecture/design/planning - security consultation - due diligence
Website: www.zeitgeist.com          Blog: zeitblog.zeitgeist.com:8668