[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  TWC | Mario Peschel <mario at twc dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  two WAN interfaces and routing by source address
 Date:  Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:59:12 +0200
Hello!

I have two WAN interfaces and only one DMZ. Each WAN interface have its
own ip-address range. So some server in the DMZ have an ip-address of
the WAN interface 1 range and others of the WAN interface 2 range.

Currently I'm using an own iptables firewall and the 'ip route' command
(on Linux 2.4.x) for routing by source ip-address.

I think in the current version of m0n0wall this isn't possible or even
planned. So it would be nice to have such a feature in upcoming
releases. Load Balancing the outgoing traffic over both WAN interfaces
would also be very nice. :-)

Thanks,
Mario