[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Thomas Hertz <thomas at hz dot se>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS problems...
 Date:  Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:39:08 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Thomas Hertz wrote:

> dhcp server of m0n0wall serves _two_ nameservers to its clients. The
> first is the m0n0wall itself, serving through its internal caching
> nameserver dnsmasq, and the other is the first of the "public"
> nameservers entered under "General Setup". It's pretty easy hacking
> m0n0wall and tell it to only give out the internal caching nameserver,
> but I can't find a reason to why anyone would want to have both the
> caching nameserver and the external nameserver.

That code was written by Bob Zoller - he probably intended that behavior
as a kind of fall back in case the DNS forwarder should fail. If we can't
find a good reason to keep things this way, I'll just remove the two
offending lines (61-62 in services.inc):

---
	if ($syscfg['dnsserver'][0])
		$dnscfg .= "," . $syscfg['dnsserver'][0];
---

Greets,

Manuel