[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Federico Krum" <federico at thehost dot com dot ar>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Servers with public IPs
 Date:  Thu, 2 Oct 2003 23:09:30 -0300
Hi,

I have wrote an email to the list before asking for the configuration to use monowall as a firewall
using public IPs on the DMZ insted of nating.
I have read Bruce Mah  site for the patches... but found the disadvantage that the implementation is
not fully integrated with the web interface, have to patch the distro each time that new things come
out and Im not always sure that the patches can be applyed over new versions.
So , probably, the next question is for Manuel;

Considering that there is no gnu or free  firewall as nice as m0n0 out there with the capability of
using public IPs over the dmz.....
...Would be very dificult or time consuming to make this feature be built in m0n0wall?

The other question is, (in case the previous is not possible)

Can anybody recomend me a firewall to put on a pc with 2 or 3 nics in my rack for 10 servers that
have to have public ips each one?

thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Fede

(still trying to implement a firewall in the rack ;o)