[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Morgan Greenwood <laxrox at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Cable modem as WAN device
 Date:  Sat, 4 Oct 2003 13:47:04 -0700 (PDT)
First, a quick note to say thank you and m0n0wall is
great!

I am trying to use the USB port of a Motorola
SURFboard SB4200 as my WAN device. I am using the
CDROM image version of m0n0wall (latest). When I try
and boot with the modem plugged in the system hangs
right after the kernel USB initialization:

ohci0: <SiS 5571 USB controller> mem
0xefffb000-0xefffbfff irq 3 at device 1.2 on pci0
usb0: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb0: <SiS 5571 USB controller> on ohci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: SiS OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00,
addr 1

I know that USB CDC Ethernet devices are support
under
Linux (which I am very familiar with), so I did some
research on the net for the same support under
FreeBSD. From what I can tell, the umodem device
should support it. I looked through the NET45XX
kernel
config file on the website and didn't see support
for
this device. I am assuming it is not enabled in the
other configs. (btw, what is a good way to find out
what those other configs are?) So, I was wondering
if
someone could provide me with a kernel (or module)
with/for the umodem device. Also, another other
comments or ideas about this would be greatly
appreciated.

Again, thank you Mr. Kasper et al.

Morgan

http://shopping.yahoo.com