[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Morgan Greenwood <laxrox at yahoo dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Cable modem as WAN device
 Date:  Sun, 5 Oct 2003 10:04:32 +0200 (CEST)
On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, Morgan Greenwood wrote:

> Sorry to reply to my own post. It appears I need the aue USB ethernet device
> support and not necessarily umodem. Sorry for the confusion.

aue is compiled into the kernel of the generic-pc version, as are cue and
kue. The hangup must have some other reason; try adjusting USB-related
settings in your BIOS (e.g. legacy support etc.), removing unneeded PCI
cards, messing with the IRQs, connecting the modem to another USB port,
etc.

- Manuel