[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rob Whyte" <rob at g dash labs dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  creating the CD iso images
 Date:  Sun, 5 Oct 2003 16:51:41 -0700
Hey, sorry if this a tad off topic, but I have been trying to create an iso
image from a modified m0n0wall configuration, but I can't get the thing to
boot.. If there is someone that does, or has done this with m0n0, could you
kindly point me in the right direction. I have followed every faq I can find
on the net about creating bootable CD's, but I am missing something
somewhere about the location of the root partition..

I was hoping Manuel could possibly send me his build scripts..

Here's a bit of what I've tried..

untar rootfs - make mods
got boot.flp from FreeBSD CD /boot/images
mounted boot.flp and inserted the kernel.gz from an existing m0n0 CD
placed boot.flp in my source dir
ran mkisofs -l -r -L -o cdimage.iso -b boot.flp source_dir

it makes ok, and boots, but can't find/mount the root partition.

maybe my loader.rc, lodaer.conf? I'm lost, and frustrated..

Thanks in advance,

Rob Whyte