[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Can't open any sites in Internet Explorer!!
 Date:  Tue, 7 Oct 2003 11:21:20 +0200
1 Check your IE settings (proxy server??)
2 telnet www.somesitye.com 80 -> see if you get response
  -Yes: IE is the problem, check your settings
  -No:  Networking is the problem, check that you have no restrictive
firewall rules.

Regards,
Joachim

P.S. Maybe you should search google a bit for some basic network
knowledge (ip, subnet, routing, firewall, NAT, bridge, etc), this will
help you in the future to understand the problems better (this is how I
learn every day!).

De: Manuel Kasper

Data: sabado, 04 de outubro de 2003 10:19:42

Para: Assinatura de Listas

Cc: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

Assunto: [m0n0wall] Re: That works! Manuel Kasper, please look at this
new
question!!

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Assinatura de Listas wrote:

> local ip address: 172.207.1.0/0

...0/0? Definitely no good. You rather need something like
172.207.1.2/24

or /16 (should match the subnet mask of the ADSL modem). Also make sure

that you've got the DNS stuff set up properly.

- Manuel

.

MISSION STATEMENT

DISCLAIMER