[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  pb17 released
 Date:  Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:51:14 +0200 (CEST)
Good evening (or maybe also morning, afternoon, night ;),

I have just uploaded pb17 to the mirrors, these are the changes:

- the DHCP server now also serves clients on optional interfaces
  (yes, you all can stop begging now ;)

- the webGUI password is no longer stored in plaintext (one-way
  encryption)

- in the CD-ROM version, the default config.xml is now automatically
  copied to the floppy disk if not found
  (i.e. a blank floppy disk may be used)

- upgraded mini_httpd to 1.17beta1 (security issues)

- incorporated patch from FreeBSD security advisory SA-03:18

- other minor/cosmetic fixes (e.g. help text in console LAN IP setup to
  explain subnet bit counts)

Due to the threefold security improvement (encrypted passwords, FreeBSD
patch, mini_httpd update), I strongly recommend everybody to upgrade. The
configuration file will be automatically converted (and the webGUI
password encrypted).

Greets,

Manuel