[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  ed bongaerts <ed at bongaerts dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] pb17 released
 Date:  Thu, 9 Oct 2003 02:01:26 +0200
hello Manuel,

thanx, and I installed the pb17 rightaway.

I did get a script error, somewhere /usr/??? ... line 91, but monowall
reported the 515 version a little later. It did get a lot slower though,
and I noticed a increased activity on the wan side.
Shortly after [5 or less minutes], my net stopped working altogether .. I
use the monwall on a soekris as my wan-lan router and dhcp server for
several machines [since about a month, rock-solid, fast, and thanx for a
simply working solution !].

I reset everything in site, but no cigar.

When assigning an internal fixed IP to my work machine, I can ping the fixed
machines but not the dhcp assigned machines, and I got to the monowall GUI.

I loaded pb16 back and restarted the router. Still no dhcp service.

After assigning another server to do the dhcp, the net is up again,
including wan routing via monowall, and I can again get to the monowall
GUI, but now my password [or the mono password] no longer works.

What happened ?

thanx : ed bongaerts