[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jaap Prickartz" <jaap at tetra dot nl>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  central Ipsec gateway as a "tunnel hub"
 Date:  Thu, 9 Oct 2003 02:12:14 +0200
Hi,

i've been stuggling with the following problem for quite some time and can't figure it out using
monowall:

If have got multiple subnets connected to a central one, lets say a few remote locations connected
to our headquarters. I want to connect them all using Ipsec to permit communications between these
remotes location. To avoid maintenance problems i do not want to use a mesh-topology.

My situaton:

location a:   192.168.1.0/24
location b:  192.168.2.0/24
location c:  192.168.3.0/24
location central: 192.168.4.0/24

i've tried to set up tunnels to location central with remote subnet 192.168.0.0/16 but this doesn't
work. Also i tried with /24 tunnels and adding a static route, also no good results...

so, does anyone have any ideas for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks, cheers,

Jaap Prickartz