[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Ping Kwong <kwongp at midtown dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] pb17 released
 Date:  Thu, 9 Oct 2003 07:30:26 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Ping Kwong wrote:

> I think the dhcp server is broken in this release.  I upgraded from PB16
> or the configuration file somehow got hosed during the upgrade.

Interesting. I have no problems with the DHCP server at all. Could you
(and all others who are reporting problems with the DHCP server) post
their cgi-bin/status.cgi output (don't forget to remove the passwords)?

BTW, it's perfectly normal that pb16 won't work anymore after the
configuration has been converted to v1.2 by pb17. As outlined on the web
page, the DHCP configuration section has changed (while everything used to
be in the <dhcpd>...</dhcpd> tag, this is now moved to
interface DHCP configuration. I expect everybody with a valuable
configuration to backup before doing any firmware upgrades anyway. And
finally, don't forget why m0n0wall versions are still called pb... for
public beta - because I don't get to test every new release in every
possible setup. pb17r515 worked fine for me (as of now; tested with DHCP
enabled on one and two interfaces)...

Greets,

Manuel