[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Manuel Kasper" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Fix for pb17 issues (DHCP/slow webGUI)
 Date:  Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:25:54 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

pb17r517 is now available for downloading (r515 has been removed). The
DHCP server bug (DHCP server won't work when the DNS forwarder is also
enabled) has been fixed. Also, some users have reported bad performance in
the webGUI since the upgrade to pb17. I've been able to reproduce this,
too (although only in HTTPS mode) - seems like it depends on the type of
browser used and maybe also other factors. I have traced this to
mini_httpd-1.17beta1's use of setsockopt(...TCP_NOPUSH...). That code is
now commented out, and for me, this has resolved the sluggishness. Note
that on slow CPUs (like the ElanSC520 in the net45xx), the pages may still
take a few seconds to load, but that is due to the overhead of loading PHP
each time. If you make a request for a nonexistent page (e.g.
http://m0n0wall-ip/bla), the 404 error should come up almost immediately.

Thanks everybody for testing!

- Manuel