[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kolia <nika at hotmail dot ge>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Transparent bridge
 Date:  Fri, 09 Jul 2004 11:22:02 +0400
Greetings,

Recently I downloaded latest beta of the m0n0wall (1.1b15) and tried to
acomplish following:

                   bridging
         +------------------------+
         |                        |
inet <-------> WAN [m0n0] OPT1 <------> customers
                     LAN
                      ^

                  management

i.e. want bridging with filtering between WAN and OPT1 and management on
LAN interface.

I assigned an IP address to LAN interface and was able to get into
WebGUI. Then I went to 'OPT1' page and setup bridging between WAN and
OPT1. So far so good. Then I tried to enable OPT1 interface and as soon
as did this m0n0 GUI stopped responding although traffic between WAN and
OPT1 was Ok. I also wasn't able to ping LAN interface. Rebooting m0n0
didn't help and I was forced to reset config. I played with firewall
rules and allowed any to any on all interfaces but no success.

Then I burned iso image with 1.0.img and got what I wanted. Any ideas of
what I was doing wrong with 1.1b15?

Thank you in advance,
Kolia