[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Mee" <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  how to set wireless preamble?
 Date:  Fri, 9 Jul 2004 15:52:36 -0700
Sorry in advance as this is more of a general freebsd question, but how can
I set the preamble (long or short) for a Prism wireless card in FreeBSD 4.9.

The reason I ask is that I have a D-Link 810+ bridge that refuses to
associate with my m0n0wall box. It associates with every other AP on the
street, :-), just not mine. And other bridges (included the hardware rev B2
version of the 810+, I have the A1 version) associate fine also.  One
suggestion from tech support and googling was to mess with the preamble...
Maybe its something else?  Ideas welcomed!

On linux the preamble is set with the iwpriv command. What's the equivalent
to exec.php from m0n0wall (and then put in the config.xml file).

thanks! michael