[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Serge Leschinsky <serge at artlife dot tomsknet dot ru>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how to boot from a USB pen drive?
 Date:  Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:07:07 +0400
Dear Marco,

MB> is it possible to boot from a pen drive?
I think yes. I've could load m0n0 but don't test it yet.

MB - Epox 8k9a7l (via kt400A), bios option "boot from usb cd" , pen
drive - Easy disk 128 Mb (but 32 Mb would be enough)

m0n0 image generic-pc-1.1b15.img was installed from linux

gunzip -c generic-pc-1.1b15.img | dd of=/dev/sda bs=16k

So I can see m0n0 console and set the lan ip. I have no network at
home for further testing, sorry.

--
Best regards,
 Serge                            mailto:serge at artlife dot tomsknet dot ru