[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Lagreca <lagreca at gmail dot com>
 To:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Help passing traffic from LAN to OPT1
 Date:  Sat, 10 Jul 2004 01:13:54 -0700
OK, so I was a little confused before, but am REALLY confused now.
Can someone explain just how the firewall rules work?

At first I thought it was like Dinesh said, where everything is
denied, which is what I'm used to with netscreen.

But then in practice it seems like everything is allowed, and you have
to explicitly say certain traffic can't pass from OPT1 to LAN.  Could
it be the "everything is denied unless explicitly stated" rule only
applys to the WAN?

Anyone else out there have more insight to help me understand these
firewall rules a little better?

Joe