[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] another 'm0n0wall as AP' gotcha - DWL-810+
 Date:  Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:39:54 -0400 (EDT)
> ....So... I'm headed right where Manuel suggested... a separate AP.

Given all that Michael said, and in light of Manuel's previous
advice, does anyone have suggestions what other options there are?
....for an AP with 200mW cards...and external antennas...

This is especially disappointing, because few AP's
have multiple ports in them (upstream, 2 downstream, and local port)

I guesss one option is to go with the m0n0wall
in between my upstream provider and my network,
and then use soekris/pebbles for the AP's,
setting them up as routers...

My favorite, of course, would be to have m0n0
work as an AP....especially, as I was expecting to finally
be able to validate m0n0wall tomorrow with a Senao card
at Firmware 1.5.6/1.0.1 - it seemed to work yesterday.

Thanks
Seth