[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Voigt" <megeek at jvoigt dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] another 'm0n0wall as AP' gotcha - DWL-810+
 Date:  Sun, 11 Jul 2004 02:03:03 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
To: <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 10:39 PM

> > ....So... I'm headed right where Manuel suggested... a separate AP.
>
> Given all that Michael said, and in light of Manuel's previous
> advice, does anyone have suggestions what other options there are?
> ....for an AP with 200mW cards...and external antennas...

My Soekris box with Senao (Engenius actually) card works just fine though I
know others have had problems.

You can always get the Engenius 200mw AP for around a hundred bucks and plug
it into your monowall.  If you put an external antenna on it it won't be FCC
approved but that doesn't seem to stop anyone.