[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bryan Kohlstedt" <bk at aventuremail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Another Soekris Alternative Idea
 Date:  Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:14:04 +0100
Thanks for the input. I'd like to see some throughput numbers from each of these platforms.
Although, according to the numbers Manuel posted last month the 4801 + encryption card isn't
performing as well as it should. Hopefully, someone will get to the bottom of that.

I'd really like to see some numbers on the throughput I could expect from one of those via c3 based
systems with realtek nics. At this point, I think the fact that it has a rackmount case and is only
$5 more gives the nod to the via based system in my mind.

Maybe if I end up ordering one for a client I'll do some throughput tests before I install it. I
also have a 4801 so I'll have something to compare it to. However, I don't have the encryption
accelerator card. But, that's an additional $70 which puts the price for the soekris system at quite
a bit more than the Via system.

Any other thoughts?

Bryan