[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive Portal slow
 Date:  Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:09:25 -0400 (EDT)
Have others experienced that the captive portal is slow?
I am using m0n0wall on a soekris 4521, and
I am just testing captive portal, and finding it is
very slow.   My first impression is NOT to blame the
hardware - since the webgui is fairly responsive,
and the html that I put on the captive portal is
just the sample that appears on the captive portal screen.

Anyone have experience with that?

Also, is there a way to *allow* ping of the m0n0wall
before Captive Portal is authorized/accepted?
It helps with debugging.

Thanks
Seth