[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  jso <jso at dens dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  NATed services help
 Date:  Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:26:53 +0300
We are running m0n0wall 1.1b15 in 1:1 nat mode and have problems accessing our servers. I know it is
not possible to access NATed services by the public ip from the lan and that I could use m0n0wall's
dns forwarder to map some domain names, BUT since we host so many domains (that change frequently),
it would be practically impossible to maintain the dns forwarder mappings.

An ideal solution would be a possibility to create overrides for certain external ip addresses so
that lan clients would always be forwarded to the corresponding internal ip addresses.

Is this already possible in m0n0wall or is there some other way to overcome this problem?

Best regards,
-jso