[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Franz Lippi <lippi dot franz at blastministries dot net>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  cant get traffic thru firewall - WAN setup problem?
 Date:  Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:36:41 +0200
Hi,
I am a m0n0wall newbie, looks like a great product and comes with high
recommodation, but I got stuck.....description of what I did so far:

I have set up a computer w 2 NICs, tested them physically on the local
lan side, works fine.

this is my setup:

ISP over ISDN dialin; I get the the same IP Adress at every dialin
(MyWWWStatic IP ) , the netgear ISDN Router handles that

-------------------------------
Ethernet to ISDN Router (Netgear RT338)     Router IP: 192.168.0.1
-------------------------------

-------------------------------
Monowall NIC "WAN"   (setup: static IP adress (MyWWWStatic IP) w default
gateway pointing to Netgear Router (192.168.0.1))
Monowall NIC "LAN", 192.168.0.25
-------------------------------

Local Network w PCs 192.168.0.10-35

WAN config:
I tried to put the WAN NIC to a static IP adress (MyWWWStatic IP) w
default gateway pointing to Netgear Router (192.168.0.1)
I can access the webGUI over the Local LAN;
I put in rules for  WAN , TCP protokoll * * * * allow traffic, for  LAN
proto *,  Source LAN-net, *  *  * allow traffic

I thought this is a pretty forward setup, BUT I  CNAT BRING ANY TRAFIIC
OVER THE FIREWALL.

Am I sitting on my brain or
has the fact that my IF to the ISP is a Eth 2 ISDN router something to
do with it?
Do you have any ideas?

Grateful for help!!
Franz Lippi