[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Volker Wieban <b0fh at gmx dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Fw: Re: [m0n0wall] skins / languages for webgui
 Date:  Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:36:04 -0300
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:19:48 -0500
Michael Iedema <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu> wrote:

> Agreed.  I was picturing a single XML file containing each page's form
> fields, help hints, etc.  In much the same way the system configuration
> is generated the language could be generated.
>
> So first step would be to replace the static text with references to a
> parsed XML document.  Then hand that xml document off to someone to be
> translated.
>
> So simple yet so little time.  Anyone want my job for about a week? :)
>
> --Michael I.

this is exactly what i was thinking of. but instead of parsing the file at boot time (as i wrote
before) it should be parsed when needed (e.g. when you open the NAT page, the corresponding section
should be parsed). this would allow changing languages at runtime with ease. another question is if
this will be part of the official distribution when it's ready...

we maybe should set up a englisch "default-file" first which can be distributed an translated.

bye,
volker