[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robert Staph" <rstaph at digitalimpreza dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Zoom 5001 PCI Cable modem in a m0n0wall?
 Date:  Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:46:25 -0400
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'm willing to bet this driver isn't
in m0n0wall.  You'll have to somehow add it yourself.  Also you'll need to
be sure to configure the interface manually as I doubt Manuel has any
provisions in his code for this card.  I'm sure it has a few settings that
differ from an ethernet card.

IMHO it would be easier for you to experiment with a full installation of
openbsd and this card, get the config and driver stuff worked out (computer
connected to the internet), then look into combining that knowledge into
m0n0wall.

Also that vendor and dev id are going to be reported correctly no matter if
the OS has any driver for the card.  Thats part of how PCI plug'n'pray
works.  Those lines with pci0: <unknown card> are just an indicator to you
that the system sees the card during a pci bus scan, but has no idea what it
does or how to operate it.

-Rob