[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall with SSL VPN feature
 Date:  Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:03:11 -0500
Fair opinion, but arguable that if m0n0 does ipsec, why not SSL vpn's?

Anyways, to the original poster, OpenVPN is an SSL VPN daemon, and Peter
Curran has a beta version of a module to support it.  Search the
archives for OpenVPN, and you'll find it.

That being said, I don't know what Netscreen you have, but all
Netscreen's that I've worked with have IPSec on them, and it's
relatively easy to get m0n0wall to talk to Netscreen's via IPSec.

Justin

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 08:37, Chet Harvey wrote:
> I would say that this is way outside the scope of a firewall. The Netscreen
> (Juniper) appliances are dedicated SSL VPN devices. IMHO they have two
> different objectives.
>
> Quoting GC <gc at giecie dot com>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are there any thoughts to integrate SSL VPN like we see with Netscreen
> > firewall?
> >
> > Geert

Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>